Workforce Alliance Delivers employment solutions that connect people with jobs and employers with skilled workers in South Central CT.
Workforce Alliance is an equal opportunity employer.
Please respond to the postings below with a resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
CHIEF RACIAL EQUITY & INCLUSION OFFICER
The Chief Racial Equity & Inclusion Officer (CRE&IO) serves as a catalyst to leverage best practices and resources across the Workforce Alliance landscape to promote a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI). The incumbent will guide the development and implementation of a comprehensive DEI strategic and action plan, including setting goals and establishing metrics. The CRE&IO, along with others, will continually review and assess the impact and effectiveness of the DEI plan and make recommendations for future enhancements building on existing accomplishments and pain points.
The CRE&IO acts as a champion for DEI initiatives. The incumbent ensures that there is an awareness and integration of DEI concepts and culture throughout the organization. The CRE&IO will strive to advance, within the broader Workforce network, the essential principle that the humanity of Black and Brown people should be acknowledged, respected and valued.
This is a senior level leadership position reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer
- Primary responsibility for leading a participatory DEI strategic and action planning process.
- Designs, develops, implements and monitors policies and programs regarding diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Acts as a change agent and influencer to guide Workforce Alliance (WA) and its network toward a more complete culture of anti-racism, diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging.
- Acts as a thought leader and subject matter expert and guide on DEI issues.
- Integrates DEI goals with broader WA goals so that progress on one enhances progress on the other.
- Designs and implements a knowledge building strategy for WA designed to educate and raise awareness of Board, staff and partners regarding the effects of racism and benefits of racial equity.
- Regularly interacts with Board, staff and partners to ensure that their voices are heard and incorporated in awareness and actions.
- Reviews and aligns policies and practices to assure alignment with DEI.
- Collaborates with management to ensure racial, gender, ethnic and cultural diversity in recruitment, hiring, retention and promotion internally and in presenting a similarly diverse slate of candidates to employers with open positions
- Works with procurement personnel to achieve diversity in vendor and supplier selection.
- Collaborates with the communications team to increase awareness of DEI issues and goals within the Workforce community.
- Manages the Internal Equity Group, which will examine such items as employee handbook and organization policies and procedures.
- Assists with the External Plan (overseen by Board of Directors), with elements such as legislative advocacy and influencing and driving partners and employers to promote racial equity.
- Develops a plan, in conjunction with management, to expand efforts to successfully engage with Black and Brown owned businesses and entrepreneurs.
- Develops and implements metrics, monitoring and reporting systems to effectively benchmark organization progress.
- Maintains knowledge of best practices in the area of racial equity and stays current with emerging developments in the diversity, equity and inclusion space.
- Develops and maintains, along with senior leadership, strategic partnerships with appropriate community organizations.
- Seeks resources and funding opportunities to carry out DEI initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Advanced work in a related field encouraged.
- Demonstrated success in developing and managing DEI programs.
- Demonstrated ability to be both strategic and operational.
- Strong knowledge of DEI best practices and current developments
- Exceptional communication skills inclusive of verbal, written, active listening and presentation skills with various audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with individuals at multiple levels, good team player.
- Strong influencing skills
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, including tact and discretion when needed.
- Proven ability to push people beyond their comfort zone in dealing with racial equity issues without jeopardizing the ability to influence and impact solutions.
- Good project management skills.
- Good analytical skills, ability to establish monitoring systems and effectively report outcomes.
- Results driven.
- Open and amenable to suggestions and feedback.
DIRECTOR OF COMMUNICATIONS & DEVELOPMENT
This is a senior level leadership position reporting directly to the President & CEO. The incumbent will work closely with the other members of senior management.
The Director develops and guides the implementation of communications and marketing strategies. Develops and produces all marketing and communications materials. Manages website and social media platforms. Researches, identifies and submits proposals for non-traditional funding sources.
- Develops and leads the implementation of communications and marketing strategies and plans that support and align with WA’s mission and strategic plans.
- Develops and/or approves all marketing materials (print, digital and broadcast) for WA and the American Job Centers, including outreach and recruiting materials for job seekers and employers.
- Creates the Workforce Alliance Annual Report and plans the Workforce Alliance Annual Meeting and other events as needed.
- Manages and maintains the WA website and several social media platforms, such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and Instagram.
- Manages media relations, including issuing press releases, media alerts and other editorial content while acting as a key spokesperson.
- Manages overall communications budget including multiple vendor contracts and service agreements.
- Contributes to internal communications initiatives, including as a liaison to the WA Board of Directors and sub-committees.
- Researches, identifies and applies for funding grants from sources other than state and federal Dept. of Labor.
- Provides tactical input and budget estimates for outreach as part of major funding proposals.
- Produces podcasts.
- Provides digital literacy focus and training with staff.
- Participates in activities of various community and partner organizations.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Advanced education helpful.
- At least 5 years of related experience.
- Exceptional communications skills, especially writing and editing.
- Significant experience and proficiency with digital communications, including websites and social media.
- Excellent collaborative and interpersonal skills with all stakeholder groups.
- Creative and innovative.
- Experience engaging with community and professional organizations.
- Self-starter, results oriented and able to manage multiple projects concurrently.
Visit our Recruiting & Hiring Page for other company postings.