3. COMPLETE THE FORM BELOW
4. CHECK YOUR EMAIL FOR NEXT STEPS
Please note: You do not have to be collecting Unemployment Insurance benefits to enroll into American Job Center services. All South Central Connecticut residents are encouraged to participate regardless of income, education or employment status.
↓ Scroll Down for Frequently Asked Questions
COMPLETE THIS FORM
You will be emailed enrollment information and regular updates from the American Job Centers and Workforce Alliance.
Frequently Asked Questions
See below for general orientation information and specifics for in-person events.
- Our team of Business Services specialists is constantly engaging South Central CT employers and bringing in job orders. See current Essential Job Openings HERE. If you go on to work with a Job Seeker Consultant, you’ll have access to our internal job database called Talent Market.
Business Sectors we focus on include:
- Healthcare, Social & Education Services
- Retail, Hospitality, Food & Customer Service
- Information Technology
- Finance, Banking & Insurance
- Trades & Construction.
- Jobseekers, 18 years or older, who reside in South Central CT and are unemployed, working less than full time or earning less than a livable wage.
- Veterans and veteran spouses receive priority service. Assistance is provided under the Workforce Innovation & Opportunity Act and other funding sources.
- Dislocated Workers: If you have been laid off or downsized; lost your self-employment due to economic factors; or are a displaced homemaker or military spouse.
- Your resume will be screened for a match with current job postings — Bring Copies!
- If you are not matched on the day of the event, you will move forward with a 1-on-1 appointment with a Job Seeker Consultant.
- Arrive at least 15 minutes before the Event start time. Plan to stay for 2 1/2 to 3 hours. No children please.
- After Orientation, your next step may be a 1-on-1 appointment by phone, video or in-person with a Job Seeker Consultant to discuss training and employment options.
- You will complete an inventory of your skills and experience and determine if training is a necessary part of your job plan. Explore all of your training options HERE.
- Many people move directly into job development with some enhanced resume, interview and job search skills.
YES! American Job Centers will have a record of your past participation. If you progress to a meeting with a Job Seeker Consultant, you may need to update any eligibility documents previously submitted.
American Job Centers gladly make accommodations for people with disabilities. Please contact Secure Jobs Coordinator Barbara Green at (203) 867-4030 x 239 or email@example.com in advance.
REQUEST VOICE/TDD SERVICE BY CALLING: 203.624.1493 EXT. 210