Summer Youth Employment
Funding via Workforce Alliance puts more than 1,000 young people to work across the region. Youth ages 14 to 21 may apply to participate in a
program linked to the town where they reside. Please see below for town information as it is released.
Eligibility is determined by family household income and other special needs such as a documented disability.
Participating youth may be hired for up to eight weeks, during July and August, earn minimum wage and work a minimum of 15 hours per week.
Programs run based on funding available. Not all programs are offered every summer.
The following towns or programs are funded through Workforce Alliance for Summer Youth Employment opportunities.
Funding is subject to availability. Please use the contact information below to apply:
- ACES: Carolyn Nelson, (203) 281-3577 x 15307, email@example.com
- Branford, Liz Nace, (203) 481-4248, firstname.lastname@example.org
- East Haven, Joyce Hollenbeck, (203) 468-3204, email@example.com
- Guilford, Mike Kosko, (203) 453-8047 ext 226, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hamden, Susan Rubino, (203) 777-2610 x 1120, email@example.com
- Haddam/Killingworth, Maryann Grimaldi, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Madison, Melissa Balletto, (203) 245-5645, email@example.com
- Meriden, Tammy Valk, Meriden YMCA, (203) 440-3510, TValk@meridenymca.org
- Middletown, Lorenzo Marshall, (860) 347-6924, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Milford , Lisa Streit, (203) 783-3243, Lstreit@ci.milford.ct.us
- New Haven, Tomi Veale, (203) 946-7582, email@example.com
- North Haven, Nancy Leddy, (203) 239-5321 x 505, Leddy.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Old Saybrook, Kendra Flaherty, (860) 460-2033, email@example.com
- Portland, Mary E. Pont, (860) 342-6758, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Region 4 (Deep River, Essex, Chester), Kristina Len, (860) 949-5270, email@example.com
- Wallingford, Craig Turner or Sneha, (203) 294-2175, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Westbrook, Chet Bialicki, (860) 399-3189, email@example.com
- West Haven, Jim Eagan, (203) 937-3635, firstname.lastname@example.org