Policies & Postings
Current Job Postings:
Business Services Representative
Workforce Alliance is seeking to fill two (2) Business Services Representative openings. Positions are part of a team responsible for employer engagement within the South Central CT region (see Our 30 Towns here) and will report directly to the Business Services Coordinator. As a unit, Business Services ensures employers have access to state and federally-funded initiatives designed to assist with training needs and employee transition. Click for more on Business Services.
Each representative will have an industry sector specialization and will be expected to develop relationships with employers to participate in Workforce Alliance employment and training programs. This will include conducting on-site employer visits and other activities to introduce Workforce Alliance services and establish employer needs, including skill requirements and job descriptions for open positions. This engagement is expected to lead to developing a service plan tailored to each employer that can include recruitment, candidate screening, enhancing the skills of existing staff, labor market data, and all available state and federal incentives that may defray labor and training costs.
Each representative will also facilitate the development of a regional sector advisory council that includes employer and educational organizations to help align business sector goals, strategic workforce plans and training options.
Representatives may also provide professional development to American Job Center and related staff working directly with job seekers concerning occupational, workplace and and technical requirements, and with job readiness facilitators to discuss job openings, results of participant interviews, upcoming events and data relevant to employer needs.
Data entry into data and contact management systems as required.
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in human resources, management, social services or a related discipline.
- At least 3-5 years of related experience, preferably in corporate, sales or other workforce development areas.
- Knowledge of the South Central CT labor market, workforce needs of business, and workforce development practices, including programs and services offered by Workforce Alliance and the American Job Centers.
- Self starter, able to understand and respond to the needs of businesses, with excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrate the ability to think strategically and implement new ideas, as well as develop effective relationships and collaborate with diverse groups of internal and external stakeholders.
- Travel around the state of Connecticut as required.
Please respond with a resume and cover letter by 4:30 PM, Friday, May 26 to email@example.com. No phone calls please.
Request for Proposals (RFP):
Workforce Alliance frequently issues Requests for Proposals from qualified entities interested in providing services.
Release Date: Monday, April 24, 2017:
Proposals Due: Wednesday, May 31, 2017, 4 PM
Suggested Reading before responding to an RFP or RFQ:
The following are available for download as a PDF:
Workforce Alliance is an EEO/AA Employer
TIP: Register as an individual at www.cthires.com to post your resume for Connecticut employers to see and to search jobs.
Unemployed? Underemployed? Attend a One Stop Services Orientation