Next Steps… Re-entering the Workforce
Next Steps is designed to turn ex-offenders into job seekers with the life skills, job training and workplace-readiness you need to succeed. Our job candidates are screened and well-prepared as individuals beginning a new phase of life… that includes a job. Working with the police, the district attorney, and job training and placement agencies, we provide a program that increases the odds of your success. Learn More.
Breaking New Ground
Ex-offenders are being released from prison in record numbers. Hundreds are released on probation or parole every month in Connecticut. Helping ex-offenders overcome the significant barriers they face is more than just a nice thing to do, it is good business. Our workforce has had slow growth, hurting the economy. Employers need more and better skilled workers to beat the competition. We must cultivate every source of workers. Learn More.
PARDONS AND PROVISIONAL PARDONS
- Connecticut Board of Pardons and Paroles
- Frequently Asked Questions About Pardons and Provisional Pardons (Board of Pardons & Paroles)
- Connecticut Pardon Team, Inc.
- Pardon Hearing Dates
- Parole Hearing Schedules
- New Haven Reentry Roundtable
- New Haven Reentry Roundtable Website
- Reentry Assistance Resources in Connecticut (Department of Correction)
photo by Mara Lavit, New Haven Register
Workforce Alliance collaborates with a group of concerned organizations to link parolees and ex-offenders with employment, training and support services. Our partners include the Police Department, individual probation officers, Department of Corrections and a host of community-based agencies.
One Stop Career Center Outreach efforts in recent months show good results:
- Over 1,291 ex-offenders provided with information about support, training and employment services
- 208 ex-offenders enrolled in some combination of intensive and/or training services
- 191 ex-offenders placed into full time employment
- 713 ex-offenders attended information sessions and a minimum of two (2) workshops